Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 6: Sometimes the Supermarket Beckons


Sometimes life just hits you hard and taking a break from all your worries.... well, it sure would mean at least a little.

Catching up at work, and maintaining a very active (and hungry) family put me at Stage Tired, so I cut myself a break and used some store bought extra time for my day. Maybe that's not ideal. Maybe it's a stupid idea. Maybe I need to cut myself a break after putting in well over 60 hours for the week already and maybe knowing your limitations is healthy, too....

Sometimes I think we have an all or nothing mentality, so if it's not perfectly raw, perfectly fresh, perfectly organic... we throw in the towel and quit. It's a symptom of orthorexia, and it's not a good thing. I battled in my younger years with eating disorders, and this type of thinking only gets you  depression, defeat, and denial.  To make something like a raw foods diet or a juice feast stick, you've got to understand that sometimes good enough is actually good enough, and every step in the right direction is, indeed, a step. I get angry - really angry - with the orthodoxy, the orthorexia I find in many of the health foods movements, because I think it ultimately defeats the goal of progression and the reality of imperfection and leads to the opposite of what we're trying to accomplish - which is bringing as many sheep into this beautiful, verdant sheepfold as possible.


Today's Menu:
  • 1 Quart Fresh Juice Base
  • 1 Quart Fresh Pineapple Juice
  • 1 bottle Naked Green Machine Jucie
  • 1 bottle Naked Coconut juice
  • 1 tbsp Bee pollen
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil

OBSERVATIONS
oddly enough my nutritionals were fine today, or at least not any more off than usual.

MUSINGS and HINTS


  • It's okay to cut yourself a break sometimes
  • Don't let others dictate how your own personal journey will go
  • Sometimes it's better to give a little than cave a lot
Have a Question? Feel Free to Ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment