Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 1: Starting Over

Hello, everybody!
Nothing is harder than attempting to reconquer the mountain you've already climbed. On the one hand, I know I can do this - will even enjoy it - on the other.... the sure knowledge of all the roadblocks ahead, the explanations required - it can be exhausting to contemplate.

I'm now in my early 30s - time to retool and gear up. I see so many people lose their 'oomf' at this age. Women get slack, tired... and depressed. It seems like just a month or so again, I suddenly watched my skin start to go dull, my hair follow suit, and my weight gradually creep up. Working out. Eating healthy and sustainably. It works to a degree.

But I know that a juice feast can accomplish a lot in a short month - and so here I go....

8 AM

Today's feast is relatively straightforward - I do what I did years ago and goto Courtney Pool's site  to copy her recipes.

I've forgotten that they're more listings of what she drank rather than set recipes. Taking the listing of juices as a basic guide I mix up:

64 oz celery/cucumber/spinach/dandelion/parsley juice
8 oz kale juice with 1/4 tsp of sea salt1 TBS Bee Pollen
16 oz carrot/apple/lemon juice with 2 tsp extra virgin coconut oil

I don't really measure, but I stuff in as many pounds of spinach as I can - I'd forgotten how much I HATE the taste of green juice! Like spit. This is why I avoided juicing for two years. Two quarts a day of this stuff?

10 PM
Even refrigerated most of the green juice tastes like cold spit. Except the one that tastes like sea water.

I decide that I'm going to take matters (and my college degree) into my own hands, and figure out a way to standardize green juices so they consistently taste good.

I down some homemade yerba mate/black tea Kombucha for comfort and look at my Livestrong Stats - looks like my protein is low for the day, but other than that I'm right on track to hit my calorie goals and other nutrient requirements.


MUSINGS and HINTS
Random combinations of dark green leafy greens and other assorted veggies and fruits can be quite yucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment