A feast is considered 'successful' when the most of the following conditions are met:
- Consume 2 Quarts Green Juice minimum daily PLUS up to 2 Quarts Colored Juice, or the nutritionally appropriate equivalent, to make about a gallon. Meet nutritional goals daily.
- This means meet minimum but do not exceed maximum calorie goals
- This means meet protein and fat requirements as well as carbohydrate and sodium requirements.
- Track daily if possible using Livestrong
- Maintain juice intake without solid food for consecutive days, aiming for [undetermined] days total.
- Blog as often as possible
- This means no lying for the sake of looking good or making oneself out to be a more consistent juice feaster than one is! Even when really, really tempted to gloss over it.
- Post clear recipes when possible and add to the juice yields page as you track i
Occasional 'slips' into cooked or solid food are recognized as unavoidable therefore the following allowances are made:
- Limit contact to one bite per tested food item.
- Limit total caloric content of solid foods to less than 20% of daily intake
- Try to aim for raw, fresh fruits and veg choices if possible at events.
- Drink juices as usual during the rest of day before and after, following nutrition guidelines as best as possible.
- Limit caloric content of solid food as much as possible without drawing attention away from Guest of Honor.
- Any fruit or veg that will completely juice with little to no pulp may be eaten whole without removing the feasting status. Example: watermelon flesh.
A Juice Feast will have been considered restarted when any of the following conditions are met:
- More than 12% of calories consumed are consumed in solid food in any given day, on days where Special Exceptions must be made.
- Solid Food is consumed for any reason other than the Exceptions outlined above.
- More than 3 occasions meriting Special Exceptions occur within a period of 72 hours or less.
A Juice Feast will have been considered aborted when any of the following conditions occur:
- Blogger 'slips up' under number 2 (above) more than 3 times in any given week OR more than 20% of total weekly caloric intake.
- Blog becomes abandoned or is updated less than weekly
- Blogger indicates that they are abandoning Juice feast or any reason including bu tnot limited to health concers, boredom, hormones, or winter blahs
Blogger may credit a successful feast, even when non consecutive days are observed in the event that total period of Special Exceptions constitutes less than 20% of averaged days or total caloric intake from solid food constitutes less than 20% of total averaged intake during period of time.