Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 1 Again....

Whether I created my guidelines last night or not, I feel compelled to start over at Day 1 Consecutive, because it would only be 3 out of 5 that I've juice fasted.

Today we've got a wedding and so I wanted something with a little more fiber and bulk to fill me up before we go - my thought is that with two hungry kids who will happily clean my plate and with so many people around - and so many food allergies - it should be relatively easy for me to bulk up before and to avoid anyone noticing if I'm eating a lot or at all during the reception.

Green Juices tend to satisfy me, but I also wanted some actual 'filler' for the belly. Soft fruits like melons, bananas, and strawberries do tend to bulk the juice more since they retain a greater percentage of fiber.

I also wanted to give myself some real taste treats, so I've included a few new recipes.

Today's Menu:

  • 1 Quart Pickle Juice
  • 1 Quart Waldorf Cocktail
  • 2 Quarts Basic Sweet Base made with the following ratios: 2 c Juiced Cantaloupe, 1 c juiced banana, 1 c juiced strawberry, 4 c Carrot Juice. (Yield: a little less than 2 Quarts)
assorted other:
  • Bee pollen (1 tbsp)
  • Coconut Oil
OBSERVATIONS
Still slightly low on protein (about 20% too low) and fat (40% too low) for recommended daily, but otherwise right within range.

MUSINGS and HINTS

  • Cantaloupe Juice is Amazing. For nutritional quality juice the whole thing.
  • I don't really like weddings. Does anyone really like weddings?
Have a Question? Feel Free to Ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment